My spouse's late payments are on my credit report!

Credit reports can make or break a person's ability to obtain financing, a mortgage or even get a credit card. It is often a good idea to get a free copy of your credit report and provide it to your divorce attorney. This should provide you with a good understanding of what debts are in your name. If your spouse's bad credit information is found on your report (and the credit information is not in your name) you should immediately dispute the erroneous information with a certified letter to the main credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion). The credit agencies will then have 30 days to either verify the information (that it is accurate and appropriately tied to you) or remove the derogatory information. The credit agency's failure to properly investigate your dispute and remove erroneous information could harm your ability to obtain credit. Feel free to visit for more information on how an attorney may help you when credit errors exist.

#creditreporterrors #crediterrors #badcreditdivorce

Recent Posts

See All